Monday, July 7, 2008

The Weekend Links, on a Monday

Welcome back everybody, lots of links today:

Stink marketing. This stuff is really fascinating. I would love to learn more about what scents work best in some retail situations but I believe that this must be pretty sensitive and secret information.

Put the perspective and scale of nuclear war in your own backyard. Map out how much would be devastated by an atomic blast at this helpful application.

Wassily Kandinsky experimented with the bold use of colour and form in his paintings. Here are some of my favourites:

So, where do you draw the line between Guerrilla Art and Guerrilla Advertising? Web Urbanist investigates.

In Soviet Latvia, design makes you!

Strange Maps is my kind of site. Nerdy and cartographic. Here are some of my favourites:


If you ever have the opportunity to enjoy kaiseki food, do not pass it up! Read about it
here and here.

WOW - BRILLIANT DIRECT MAIL MARKETING.

And finally, Lauryn Hill's 'Everything is Everything' video is one of the more artistic music videos I can remember. Great song too, listen to me sing it in the car!


No comments: