Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thou shalt not have poor web design!

B!G is full of great associates and executives with a keen eye for the creative and a real enthusiasm for learning.

Cindy from our Copywriting Team send me this link about the new Web Design Ten Commandments which is perhaps the best best practice list for site standards I've seen in a long time. I can't disagree with anything listed here. In fact, some of the pointers about Web 2.0 and optimizing your site for a social media and networking experience are so important I think they should be listed twice!

Check out the article for the full list, but here are just a few of the 'commandments' I thought were the most salient:

Thou shalt make content king - content is the meat of sites, remember?

Thou shalt not name your Web 2.0 company with an unnecessary surplus or dearth of vowels - hahaha, i'm looking at you Pownce, Sphinn, and Imeem!

Thou shalt not abuse Flash - yes please, it's a website, not a fashion show. However, here is an excellent use of flash, Neave.com, my new favourite site. Try Television, Imagination, and Strobe. Way cool.

Thanks Cindy!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Thanks! I'm glad you found it useful. =)